Saturday, January 17, 2009

Red Carpet...Red Lips



Red, Rouge, Ruby...
Cherry, Coral, Carmine...
Scarlet, Garnet, Claret...
Crimson, Rose and Wine...





So, for Christmas I received an antique vanity set...probably from the 40's, maybe the 50's...but very exciting for someone like me...and inside, among a few other cool things, was an antique lipstick...in the most perfectly lady-like coral-red. Anyone who knows me, knows I have a fondness for...well, anything old...if it's dusty and a little shabby, then I just can't help myself, I'll buy it. And when it comes to beauty, I just can't help thinking that there were days gone by where ladies looked like ladies and men looked like gentlemen and everyone just looked...well...good! (I think we can all agree that it wasn't the 80's!)
So, with that said, there's no wonder I love these looks and am happy that others besides myself are making an effort to bring a little glamour back to our strip mall, fast food world...
Blonde, brunette, redhead and everything in between...it doesn't matter the hue...PLEASE! Just try one on you...(ok...a wee bit hokey...but you get the point!)
Don't know how? Then just choose a lip color and follow "Be a Classic Kate..."













No comments: